DAY 1: Welcome To The City of Johannesburg!
You've arrived on The Continent and you're ready to relax. The #DestinationDoneSA Team will provide transportation for you from JNB Airport and sweep you away to our beautiful, luxurious, boutique hotel in Johannesburg. After settling in and resting, we will prepare for our Welcome Dinner. Here, you'll have an opportunity to meet with the rest of the beauties who you will be exploring Africa with over the next week.
(Optional) If you're not too tired, bring your most comfortable dancing shoes!
DAY 3: Soweto
So much soul. So much history.
Today, we will be visiting the township of Soweto. Taking a biking tour, we will explore the authentic beauty of the township. You'll have an opportunity to interact with the locals, support the local merchants and craftsmen, and enjoy some great scenic views of the city.
Afterward, we will stop for lunch on Vilikazi St., a famous street with great local restaurants.
From here, we will walk over to South Africa's Apartheid Museum, where you'll learn about the inequality that South Africa has faced and more importantly, how they've persevered. We will also visit Nelson Mandela's home which is also in the township.
OPTIONAL: If you're down for it, you can bungee jump from Orlando Towers! (add'tl cost).
DAY 5: Swaziland
After enjoying breakfast, we will pack our things and head to The Kingdom of Swaziland!
Swaziland is one of the best examples of a country living in the "old" African traditions and beliefs. As one of the last monarchies in Africa, Swaziland is the smallest country in the Southern hemisphere, with a population of only 1.2 million people.
Today, we will leave South Africa and take a scenic drive to Swaziland.
When there, we will explore local villages, see African wildlife, and have an amazing opportunity to meet and bond while being a "Swazi for the day!"
Later in the evening, we will check into our accommodations and have dinner.
DAY 7: This Isn't Goodbye
You'll hate to leave South Africa. I promise you.
Today, we will be leaving the amazing country of South Africa and head back home.
We will enjoy our last breakfast together.
From here, we will arrange transportation for you back to JNB airport from our boutique hotel.
DAY 2: Exploring The Beauty, Culture, + History of Jo'burg
Today we will explore the hidden gems of Johannesburg!
We will head over to one of my favorite neighborhoods in Johannesburg, The Maboneng Precinct.
There, we will enjoy a rooftop with food, drinks, and amazing views of the city. Around the corner, is an awesome Market with local food vendors, craftsmen, and lots of street entertainment like drummers, dancing, and great rhythms.
In the evening, you have the option of experiencing a local shisa nyama to dance the night away to some braai (South African BBQ) and afro-house music all night!
DAY 4: Your Time To Explore or Mystery Excursion
Perhaps you want to shop for more souvenirs? Explore other cool neighborhoods in the city? Get a massage? Get your hair braided. It's all up to you girlfriend!
There's also an option to do a Mystery Excursion! You won't know what we're doing until we get there! (addt'l cost)
Get some rest tonight! Tomorrow we are heading to Swaziland!
DAY 6: Game Drive
After breakfast, we will enjoy a bit more of Swaziland. Then, we'ill head back to Johannesburg.
Once settled in at our villa, you will have the rest of the day to explore Johannesburg.
Maybe even go on that date with the cutie you met the other night!
In the evening, we will have a private farewell dinner at an exquisite spot in the heart of Johannesburg to exchange our favorite memories while on this exploration.
WHAT IS INCLUDED?
Our #DestinationDoneSA exploration is from August 24th - August 30th, 2019.
We will explore Johannesburg, South Africa and The Kingdom of ESwatini. Africa has long had an unfortunate stigma and misunderstood perceptions.
Our team has hand-crafted and curated an amazing trip back to The Continent.
On this Exploration, we want to change the narrative of how the world and you view Africa starting in South Africa and the widely unexplored country of The Kingdom of ESwatini.
This Exploration Is Only An Investment of $3,000.
(If you're utilizing our Payment Installment Option, the Initial Deposit of $550 (non-refundable), then 5 payments of $550 totaling $3,300) includes:
- 7 nights at an upscale, boutique hotel*
- Airport Transfers to/from JNB airport
- All activities on itinerary and transportation to/from activities
- All breakfasts and 2 dinners (alcohol not included)
- Private community with access to the travel team and myself to answer any questions about the trip
- A professional photographer commissioned to capture the beautiful journey and moments during your exploration
- A personalized bag of goodies for the trip
- A few surprises!
*NOTE: The Accommodation is in a shared room with one other lady. There is also an option of a single room, which will require an additional fee. There are limited private rooms. If you're interested, please email us here to inquire on availability.
WHAT'S NOT INCLUDED?
- Flight to/from Johannesburg
- Travel Insurance (this is a requirement to join us)
- Alcoholic beverages
- Incidental room charges in hotels/accommodations
- Individually selected activities during your free time (i.e. Bungee Jumping**)
- Tips and gratuities to tour providers and venues
- Is this for women only? Can I bring my child or husband/spouse?: Yes, this trip is for women only. No one under the age of 21. No fellas. And if your spouse is a woman that is over 21 years old, then sure!
- Is Africa safe?: Do you think we would go anywhere to put you or ourselves in danger?! In all seriousness, there are parts of South Africa that are not safe. However, we would never put you in a situation of danger. Having traveled to over 60 countries, our Founder knows a thing or two about travel safety abroad.
- Is there are payment plan option?: Absolutely. There is an option to pay $550 monthly. Please note, that it is a bit more expensive to account for the processing fees incurred.
- Are flights included?: No, flights are not included. However, as a bonus, I will provide a video training on how to find inexpensive flights to Johannesburg, South Africa (Note: This bonus is only available for those who have submitted payment for the trip).
- Why aren't we going to Cape Town?: Right now, Cape Town and much of the Western Cape is experiencing an extreme water shortage, often times limiting people to 2-minute showers. That's not something we want anyone to experience.
- How much spending money should I bring?: This is entirely up to you. However, tipping and gratuities to our guides and drivers are not included, so we'd ask you to put aside about $15-20/day for that.
- How will I be able to reach you during the trip?: We will have a private community to stay in contact the entire time on the trip!
- What's the cancellation policy?: Click here to read the Terms.